People are at the core of our business. Abiding by a “work hard, play hard” ethos, we welcome applications from individuals who are attracted to our fast-paced environment and are excited by the opportunity to grow with a progressive and ambitious family-owned business.
To develop, establish and manage Douglas Laing’s UK sales and trade marketing strategy across all channels by executing a plan that delivers a strong return on investment through the effective deployment of the BDE sales team.
• Working closely with the Head of Sales to deliver the UK sales / trade marketing strategy and achievement of UK sales targets
• Maximise growth from the existing customer base and identifying and securing new business targets
• Responsibility for delivering marketing initiatives to drive ROS in Multiple Grocers
• Work with the BDM team to ensure a complementary strategy for the BDE team with a focus on pull through in the on premise and push in to Specialists and Convenience
• Drive sales initiatives for product launches, range focus, geographical development, key customers, and customer’s sales teams
• To lead / promote the UK sales & marketing plans relating to product launches and sales campaigns
• Management of 3rd Party Brands
• Any other activities deemed necessary to improve the performance of the department
• Recruit and manage the BDE team to ensure growth & development from the existing customer estate through:
• Call quality & objectives
• Calendar planning
• Reporting & administration
• Sales performance
• Point of Sale placement
• Activity focus
• Tactical Sales Support
Continual Development of the BDE team by:
• Planned field visits providing mentoring & development
• Ensure performance is of expected standards
• Establishing strengths and development areas
• Ensuring personal development plans are agreed and executed
• Suggest training requirements by individual, by channel etc.
• Support Trade events / Customer Events
Development and Implementation of the UK Market Plan
• Creation of UK Business / Market Plan and being fully responsible for this and reporting back monthly
• Management of UK A&P
• Cascade communication of our Trade Strategy, ensuring open and timely feedback from our customer estate and field sales team to the Head of Sales
• Collate, summarise and share information and insight to help shape our strategy and priorities
• Rigorous monitoring of competitor activity, strategy and NPD, and summarising monthly at the Sales meeting
• Regular and Ad hoc reporting and feedback to Head of Sales
• Be the link between the BDE team and the Head of Sales
Tell us more about yourself.
Although we may not have the right vacancy open just now, we always welcome speculative CVs from exceptional candidates. As our Company rapidly expands, we may be in touch sooner than you think.Get in touch
To enter our website, you must be of the legal drinking age at which the purchase and consumption of alcohol is permitted in your country of residence.